As we approach the final stretch, it is time to re-address the Power Rankings and see who has what it takes to make a deep run in the playoffs and who will be packing the golf clubs early. A big thanks to ironman again for supplying the NL rankings.
1. Tacoma - They are starting to pour it on now. Won 14 out of 19 to move 5 games up on Tucson
2. Austin - Tied with Tacoma for the best record in the league. Has cooled off since the 12 game winning streak around the all star break. Lost ace pitcher Kazuo Dong for the remainder of the season. That will hurt.
3. Minnesota - They have cooled off recently and have 2 big series coming up against Tacoma and Tucson.
4. Tucson - Has won 10 out of 13 to move within 5 games of Tacoma. Pitching has been great the past 10+ games
5. Helena - Has won 6 of 7, after a 5 game losing streak, to pull within 2 games of Minnesota
6. Tampa Bay - Won 8 of 9 with much improved hitting. Starting to pull away from Trenton.
7. Houston - Currently 7 games behind Austin, but they have been playing much better as of late. Recently took 3 of 4 from Helena and swept Tacoma at home
8. Trenton - Clawing back to .500 after a recent 4 game losing streak. Trying to stay within shouting distance of Tampa Bay while holding off Buffalo.
9. Buffalo - Starting to put some heat on Trenton. Tough upcoming schedule will determine whether they will make it to 2nd place in the division.
10. Scranton - Hasn't been able to put together and longer winning streak to start putting pressure. On the fringe of being in the wild card race.
11. Ottawa - Putting some heat on Scranton as they try and climb out of the cellar.
12. Anaheim - Has won 13 out of 20 as they make a run at 500. Addressing hitting in the offseason will make this a much better team next year.
11. Honolulu - Losing Cal Reid for the year has been too much for this team to overcome. They will be back strong next year.
14. Atlanta - 3 wins in the last 21 games has dropped this team out of contention
15. Washington DC - Lack of pitching is preventing this team from putting together a long winning streak to get back into contention.
16. Charleston - Showed signs off life by wining 8 of 13, but has lost 4 in a row. Looking toward next year and the #1 pick.
NL MVP - Very tough race to call. Nicholas Crawford (HOU), Tomas Calles (AUS), Sam McCallum (HEL), Ronald Rothschild (LAA), Vicente Martinez (MIN) are all in the hunt. However, Mitch Schneider (MIN) has been on fire and has the slight edge on the field.
NL CY Young - P.T. Nunez (TB) is still leading, but teammate Joseph Feng is hot and catching up to Nunez.
NL Rookie - Jake Watson (TAC) is outpacing Tanyon Moore (TB), Gus Giles (HOU) and Benji Ortiz (TAC), but not by much.